ReliaSolve worked with a university laboratory to help them complete the final stretch of their proof-of-concept deliverable for a contract, a combined digital and quantitative PCR device for measuring 8 samples at a time. This involved extending existing algorithms and working with project staff to integrate with their current code base. Ninety-one issues were resolved in 10 weeks (all-night work as required), including support for image analysis and control:
- Improved robustness of image analysis based on instrument and data characteristics.
- Designed, implemented, and validated robust and accurate algorithm for estimating dPCR signals from a set of individual measurements that takes into account characteristics of observed data.
- Designed, implemented, and validated automatic tuning of parameters based on data from each experiment to increase robustness and accuracy of analysis.
- Designed, implemented, and validated reliable (X,Y) stage positioning and focus using brightfield and multiple fluorescence channels.
- Identified and addressed bottlenecks for data collection speed.
- Constructed modules for calibration of system hardware and optical characteristics.
- Constructed visualizations to support the assay development team and for final display to the customer.